The following materials are accepted by UW Recycling for a self-serve recycling program. Custodians are not responsible for transporting these materials:
- Packing peanuts
- Rigid Styrofoam and polystyrene blocks/boxes
- LDPE #4 foam
What is acceptable
- All materials must be clean, empty and bagged separately (otherwise they will be discarded as garbage). This means no tape, labels, ice packs, paper, etc.
- Collect separately in your own clear bags.
- Tie off full bags securely and label them with your department’s name and box number.
- Place bags next to recycling containers at building’s loading dock or service area.
- Do not block doors or walkways.
- After bags have been placed at the dock, email email@example.com. Materials will be collected during the next regularly scheduled stop at your building.
UW Recycling provides large clear bags to collect packing peanuts, Styrofoam/polystyrene blocks and boxes for most campus locations. Contact UW Recycling if you would like to establish a packing peanut or Styrofoam collection container, or an internal bag distribution location. You can also order styrofoam collection bags online.
Buildings with internal bag distribution sites:
Magnuson Health Sciences Center
Molecular Engineering & Sciences Building
MolES Admin Office
North Foege Building
South Foege Building
Genome Sciences Facilities
UW Tower Mail & Receiving