UW Facilities is one of the University’s largest employers with more than 1,100 employees. Our work includes supporting more than seven miles of utility tunnels beneath campus, 643 acres of grounds, 22 miles of roads and pathways, and services including power, HVAC, cleaning, waste, maintenance and construction for more than 15 million square feet. Our departments are organized around the services we provide. These include:
- Building Services Department
- Campus Engineering & Operations
- Capital Planning & Development
- Capital & Space Management
- Emergency Management
- Facilities Employee Services
- Facilities Maintenance & Construction
- Finance & Business Services
- Integrated Operations & Engagement
- Project Delivery
- Real Estate
- Strategic Sourcing
- Transportation Services
Our staff is incredibly diverse. More than 95% of our custodial staff is from outside of the United States. We’re composed of tradespeople, engineers and folks just like you. Our employees are passionate about the work they do.
We’re driven by lean thinking to challenge old processes and innovate. We value partnerships with our customers to improve our services. Our vision is to become a world-class organization providing exceptional service anywhere, anytime.