Engineering Services is a team of engineers, architects, drafters, engineering assistants, and records staff that is responsible for all UW Facilities information and design standards.
Our professional staff provide an array of services utilizing their technical expertise for the University to perform design and construction reviews; commissioning; troubleshooting support for capital projects, operations and maintenance; and other engineering and architectural needs.
Engineering Services is responsible for the following:
- The UW Facilities design standard
- Base map for the University
- Utilities Master Plan
- Conducting facility condition audits and surveys of all buildings and infrastructure
- Performing emergency assessment response during natural disasters
- Ensuring compliance with environmental rules and regulations and sustainable campus initiatives
- Providing technical expertise for the ADA accessibility program
Our Records team maintains and manages the Facilities Information Library that houses record documents for the University. Our drafters and engineering assistants update floor plans, CAD files and other documents for construction, shops, operations and other process partners.