Custodial Services is responsible for cleaning the interiors of campus buildings as well as cleaning and resupplying building restrooms on a regularly scheduled basis. Most routine cleaning is scheduled once a day at times most convenient to the building occupants.
- Trash removal
- Floors: sweeping; spot mopping; spot vacuuming
- Chalkboards and whiteboards: cleaning; replenishing chalk or markers in classrooms and auditoriums
- Stairwells: sweeping; complete vacuuming
- Door glass, doors, walls, tabletops, podiums: cleaning as needed
- Restrooms: sanitizing; repairing dispensers; replenishing supplies
- Dusting uncluttered cabinet tops, window sills, banisters, etc.
- Building entry doors: locking; unlocking
- Recyclables collection: Custodians collect recyclables from green bagits and public-area containers on a daily basis.
- Flattened cardboard: Custodians will collect up to six pieces of flattened cardboard from each workstation.
- Large volumes: Place requests with UW Recycling for removal of large volumes of recyclables.
Routine custodial services are performed daily or as needed.