eMedia includes all electronic media, including disks, zip disks, CDs, DVDs, audiotapes, and videotapes, and their cases.
If your unwanted item was purchased with University funds, regardless of condition, it must be transferred to Surplus.
Are you on campus, in a University-owned building?
Great, continue to the next question.
- No, my building is leased and/or off-campus.
UW Recycling doesn’t handle eMedia from leased or off-campus facilities. Contact GreenDisk for disposal options.
Is your media confidential?
They can be discarded in an eMedia bin.
Contact an external vendor. UW Recycling doesn’t handle confidential eMedia.
What is acceptable
Small quantities of the following:
- Non-confidential electronic media: CDs, DVDs, videotapes, audiotapes, computer disks, and their cases
- Small personal electronics: cell/mobile phones, pagers, PDAs, smart phones, and other small electronics
- Inkjet and bubble jet printer cartridges
- Batteries - small amount (under 5 lbs)
- Magnetic media