The city of Seattle prohibits recyclable or compostable material in the garbage.
What is acceptable
- Clothing or textiles
- Landfill waste from restrooms
- Lab glass
- Latex or plastic gloves
- Cloth or surgical masks
- Unapproved compostable serviceware
- Treated biomedical waste
- Non-recyclable materials; review procedures for particular items
- Non-hazardous materials that are contaminated
- Broken items (not from a lab) that are sharp or pointed; place pieces in a small box, label the box, seal it securely and place it next to your garbage container.
- Waxed cardboard
- Shredded paper