If your unwanted item was purchased with University funds, regardless of condition, it must be transferred to Surplus.
What is acceptable
- Asphalt roofing that does not contain asbestos
- Broken furniture: wood, metal, plastic, fabric, combined materials
- Concrete and rubble: concrete (with rebar/steel ok), bricks, asphalt
- Models and artwork made of dowels, cardboard, metal, combined materials
- Plastic gutters
- Porcelain: sinks, tubs and toilets
- Scrap metal: rebar, steel, wire, brass, copper, aluminum, etc.
- Windows, window glass, window frames
- Wood waste (nails ok): lumber, plywood, MDF, sticks, pallets, painted wood
What is Not Acceptable
- Items coated in lead paint or contain lead or asbestos cannot be disposed of as construction and demolition waste. For these items, please review the EH&S asbestos and other regulated building materials page or contact UW Facilities Regulated Materials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trash, bagged or loose
- Other recyclable items; review the procedures for particular items
- University property
Where to Dispose
Contact UW Recycling at email@example.com for assistance.