The Space Advisory Committee (SAC) advises and represents the President and Provost on decisions related to capital planning and space management for the UW Enterprise (UWS, UWB, UWT, UW Auxiliary Units and UW Medicine). Space decisions are made in support of the University mission and Strategic Business Plan using the framework of the Campus Development Plan and the Six Year Capital Plan. The SAC uses these frames to align with the President and Provost’s capital and space management priorities and to streamline the process for recommending/approving space decisions.
The Space Advisory Committee will:
- Review requests based upon the following criteria:
- Any request over $5 million in total project cost or total lease obligation
- Any request that may have a significant execution risk
- Strategic opportunities which impact the University mission
- Advise on any requests which meet Board of Regents threshold for information or approval.
Meetings are held on the second Friday of the month.