- Banners may be hung on buildings to promote University-related events. No commercial advertising is allowed.
- Requests and artwork must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the display date.
- All artwork must be approved by the building coordinator and UW Facilities.
- Banners may only be installed and removed by UW Facilities staff.
- Banners on road overpasses are prohibited by the City of Seattle.
- Banners may be displayed up to 30 days.
Sizes and material recommendations:
Designs should be simple/uncomplicated so that they are easy to read or understand from a distance, such as from the street. We recommend a single-color background.
Banners must fit within the attachment standards of the facility of which it will be attached. Banners must be made of durable fabric, some examples of this include:
- Vinyl - 18oz, Screen Printed with UV Outdoor Grade Ink
- Polyester - Printed with Dye Sublimation Ink 2/9/11
- Nylon – Sewn & Appliquéd
- Nylon – Screen Printed
Banners must have corner grommets and a grommet every 48” on the top and bottom for securing. Most buildings fit 10’ x 3’ or 12’ x 3’ banners; Mary Gates Hall and Odegaard use 30’ x 3’ banners and Kane Hall fits 30’ x 4’.