In the event of fire, smoke, threat of violence or other emergency, dial 911. For general security concerns, please call UW Tower Security at 206-685-5555. If you need to report non life-threatening building issues (such as flooding), contact UW Tower Operations at 206-685-5648.
Please familiarize yourself with the evacuation route and assembly point for your floor. Emergency drills are conducted at least once a year.
- UW Tower evacuation maps
- UW Tower Fire Safety & Evacuation Plan
- UW Tower Evacuation Assembly Points
- Fire and Life Safety information from EH&S
- UW Emergency Management
In case of fire
- Sound the alarm to notify your coworkers, no matter how small the fire.
- Call 9-1-1.
- Use the nearest emergency exit. Do not use the elevators.
- Go to your floor’s Evacuation Assembly Point as quickly and safely as possible.
- At the assembly point, check in with your floor warden. Let them know of any injured or trapped persons and any signs of building damage you observed.
- Elevators will be sent to the lobby level during fire alarms and restricted to Fire Department use only. All stairwell doors will be unlocked and accessible from either direction.
In case of earthquake:
- Drop, Cover & Hold until the shaking stops.
- Stay indoors. Do not leave the building! Evacuate only if you’re told to do so by UW Tower Operations. An announcement will be made over the building’s PA system with instructions.
- Move away from internal hallway windows, furniture or large objects that could fall over.
In the event of a major earthquake or other campus-wide disaster where the Tower is completely evacuated and where normal modes of communication are disrupted, please gather in one of the eight mass assembly areas on campus. University public safety officials will provide timely information and guidance at these locations.