Capital Planning & Portfolio Management plans and manages capital resources for the University of Washington community in support of public service, education, health and research in collaboration with partners across the institution.
We serve the UW by providing the following services:
- Coordinate and facilitate the capital planning process for the University
- Provide strategic facilities planning and investment programs for our on-campus buildings and infrastructure
- Assist with defining and prioritizing projects for future funding targets/requests
- Collaborate with Capital Architecture + Planning Account Managers to create 10-Year facility plans
- Help set priorities and deliver projects and programs in line with the UW’s strategic objectives and capacity.
- Balance day-to-day operational needs with new projects while optimizing return on investment.
- Analyze facility and asset data to obtain a solid understanding of the condition, performance and costs for all assets in the portfolio.
- Select and help prioritize work in alignment with organization and portfolio goals, budget and resource capacity.
- Collaborate with departments and other campus partners to drive toward best value solutions.
- Provide a single point of contact for UW Facilities services, assisting with general inquiries, new and existing service requests, work status reports and audits, billing and invoice inquiries and customer feedback.
- Manage all service requests and status updates throughout the service delivery life cycle.
- Enable effective work management practices for UW Facilities units
- Support campus building coordinators and provide stakeholder advocacy.