The UW Facilities sign shop maintains existing signage and installs new signage across campus. Operating within Facilities’ Maintenance and Construction unit our services can be requested by submitting a request through FS Works (see more below).
Much of the sign work we do is funded through the maintenance zones or minor works projects. This includes the repair, replacement, upgrade and improvement of exterior and interior campus wayfinding.
We are also available for custom signage applications funded through departmental budgets. If you have a signage project, we’re here to help. From concept and design to production and installation we can handle it all. Please reach out to us as your first stop!
Our capabilities include
- Plastic and metal signage fabrication of all sizes and shapes
- Sandwich board signage for events
- Yard signs
- Full color digital printing on banner, paper and vinyl
- Wide format vinyl printing and vinyl wraps with custom graphics
- Custom laser engraving
- Engraved nameplates
- Commemorative plaques made from metal or reclaimed campus wood
- Printed mesh banners for fencing
- Frosted privacy glass application
- Vinyl lettering for sports uniforms
- UW logos and stickers
- Form letters
- Monument and wayfinding signage across campus
- ADA signage for exterior and interior directional wall signs
- Sign painting and printing
- Parking signage
Examples of our work
Frosted privacy glass
Custom sign fabrication
Large format printing
Submit a sign shop request by following the button below. This will initiate a request in FS Works, our work order intake system. The Customer care team will serve as your initial point of contact and will facilitate gathering your information and requirements to route to the sign shop.