UWF leadership development program
Stepping Stones for Success is a 9 month (Feb-Nov) in-person training series, designed for UW Facilities employees, who are in a non-supervisory role, and want to increase their knowledge and skills in leadership.
2024 applications now open!
You can click the Apply Now button above to complete an application online or download a PDF version to complete and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have submitted your application, your supervisor or manager will receive a request to complete an evaluation as part of your overall application.
Applications are due back by January 5, 2024.
Applicants will be notified by January 16, 2024 with their enrollment status and classes will begin in early February.
This series includes both in-class learning (2 hours per week) and hands-on, experiential learning through shadowing, workshops, projects, and a final presentation. The program is 4 phases: People Leadership Skills, Practical Leadership Skills, Leader Shadowing, and Preparation Skill Building. Students in the program will be expected to:
- Attend weekly classes
- Complete required shadowing hours
- Participate in resume and interview workshops
- Complete a Capstone project and presentation (pdf)
Click here to view our curriculum calendar.
- Students will increase their awareness and understanding of UWF processes
- Students will develop personal and practical leadership skills
- Students will engage in professional and personal development
- Students will grow in self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Graduates receive 6 months supervisory credit from UW-HR
Want more information?
Click here for some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) or reach out to Sarah Lewis-Assink at 206.221.6110 or email email@example.com. You can also talk with your supervisor or manager to get more information.