UW Lockout/Tagout Safety Program SAFETY 94-1 (Rev. 5/95)
To protect the safety of UW Facilities (UWF) employees and prevent injuries that could result from the unexpected startup, energization, or release of stored energy during the servicing and maintenance of equipment.
Employees, Leads, Supervisors, and Department Managers must comply with the UW Lockout Safety Program. A complete copy of the program is attached to this Safety Practice.
- WAC 296-803 — Lockout/tagout (Control of hazardous energy)
- Administrative Policy Statement 12.6 — The Lockout Safety Program — Requirements for the Control of Hazardous Energy
- UW Hazardous Energy Control — Lockout/Tagout EHS
- UW Hazardous Energy Control LOTO Program Manual
- Lockout/Tagout Authorized Person Periodic Review
- UW LOTO Procedure
- Lockout/Tagout Hazardous Energy Field Procedure Form
- Ordering LOTO Locks (pdf)
- Procedure for Ordering LOTO Locksets (pdf)
- Lockout/Tagout Program Lock Removal Form
- UW LOTO Field Procedure
- Lockout/Tagout Equipment-Specific Procedure Periodic Review
Responsibility : Action