Laboratory Equipment Maintenance/Repair SAFETY 90-2 (Rev. 5/95)
To establish minimum safe work practices for laboratory equipment, including biological safety cabinets, fume hoods, centrifuges, and refrigerators.
To protect themselves and others, employees must follow, as a minimum, the safety practices described below whenever they work on laboratory equipment, including fume hoods, biological safety cabinets, centrifuges, and refrigerators.
Laboratory workers are required to clean and prepare their equipment for maintenance and repair work and to clear the area surrounding the equipment to provide safe, unobstructed access for maintenance workers. If equipment is to be removed or demolished preparatory to facilities alterations, it also must be cleaned and labeled.
- Safe Procedures for Fumehood Maintenance and Repair (pdf)
- Safe Procedures for Servicing and Disposal of Laboratory Equipment (pdf)
- Notice of Laboratory Equipment Decontamination (pdf)
- Procedures for Laboratory Plumbing and Repair (pdf)
- Mercury Policies and Procedures - EH&S
Responsibility : Action