During the COVID-19 pandemic, follow this guidance to protect yourself and others when eating around other people:
- Whenever possible, and weather permits, eat outside.
- Eat only individually packaged food. Do not eat shared food such as pizza, or buffet style items.
- Disinfect the eating area and any appliance used for preparation before and after each use.
- Make sure you are a minimum of 6’ from all other people.
Use disposable food service items whenever possible.
- Non-disposable used food service items (plates, cutlery etc) should be handled with gloves and washed with dish soap and hot water or in a dishwasher.
- Wash hands after handling used food service items.
When and how to take on and off your mask
- Wash your hands before removing your mask and eating.
- Remove your face mask and fold it skin facing-side against itself (using earloops), and place it in a paper bag.
- Never set your unprotected face mask directly on any shared surface, such as a table or counter top.
- Keep your face mask on unless you are eating or drinking.
- If you want to talk or tell a story, put your mask back on first.
- As soon as you are done eating, put your mask back on.
If food is served at a meeting or training session, currently no more than 10 people can be together, and they must follow the above guidance. The COVID-19 Supervisor for the shop or department must review the plan for providing food at meetings and trainings, and ensure it is followed.