UW has contracted with CEI Group to manage vehicle accident reporting and repair services. Post-accident instructions and a UW insurance liability card are located in the glove box of all University vehicles. You are not required to fill out the paper accident form – it is provided as a convenient place to record important accident scene data.
In case of a motor vehicle accident involving possible injury to any person, possible damage to another vehicle or damage to any UW or non-UW property:
- Stop immediately and take precautions to prevent further collisions, damage or injury.
- Call 911 in accidents where:
- There is a possible injury to you or others.
- There is damage to non-UW vehicles or property.
- When the scene feels unsafe.
- You are unsure of what to do.
- If your vehicle is in the roadway, move as far out of traffic as possible if it is safe to do so.
- Do not admit fault, accept settlements or offer settlements at the accident scene.
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except responsible UW personnel or emergency response personnel (police, fire and medical).
- Contact CEI at 877-443-5777 as soon as possible to report the accident. Be ready to provide license, insurance, license plate and other information for all drivers, involved vehicles and other involved parties when you call. Identify yourself as a UW driver and answer all questions CEI asks to the best of your ability.
Note: if the vehicle isn’t drivable, unsafe to drive, or the accident happens after normal UW business hours, CEI will coordinate a tow to the nearest network shop. CEI can provide you with a rental vehicle with costs paid for by contract while the vehicle is being repaired.
- If the vehicle is drivable, contact the Fleet Services shop at 206-685-1564 to report that the vehicle is damaged within 48 hours. You will be expected to bring the vehicle to the shop so that Fleet Services can inspect the damage and deliver it to a CEI shop for repairs, if needed.
- Ensure you notify your supervisor of the accident as soon as possible.
- If an accident may have damaged non-UW property (including vehicles) or injured anyone, ensure UW Risk Services is contacted at 206-543-0183 or email@example.com.
- If an accident may have injured anyone, ensure an online accident (OARS) report is completed. Contact UW EH&S at 206-543-7262 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
If the vehicle is towed or otherwise sent to a shop for repairs, all efforts to replace it with another vehicle from our fleet will be made but there is no guarantee of vehicle availability. For assistance with rental coordination contact the Fleet Services rental office at 206-221-3594 or email@example.com.
Remember, your safety and the safety of others is the most important responsibility you have as a driver. If you need help, call 911. If you are unsure what to do or need help with accident reporting, contact Fleet Services Safety at 206-221-6838 or firstname.lastname@example.org, during business hours. For after-hours assistance, rely on 911 services to get you the help you need and contact Fleet Services on the next business day.