Transportation Services staff are available to help you at gatehouses Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon.
Parking at the University of Washington
When you drive to the UW Seattle campus for the first time, whether you’re just visiting or it’s your first day of employment, please stop by a staffed gatehouse to purchase a parking permit for the day. Faculty, staff, students, visitors and department guests can purchase parking permits at any gatehouse Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m., and on Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon. For gatehouse and parking lot locations, please refer to the UW Seattle campus map.
Parking specialists are happy to assign a parking lot for the day depending to your destination. Please ask about disability parking and building access information if needed. Gatehouse permits are sold via a pay-on-entry system. When you purchase a permit at a gatehouse, you’ll be asked how long you will be on campus, and you will pay for that amount of time in advance. Gatehouse staff accept cash or Visa/MasterCard. Please note that your permit will show an expiration time. An expired permit can result in a citation.
Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays, gatehouse permits are sold at a rate of $3.00 per hour ($2.00 for the first 30 minutes) and a maximum of $15.00 per day. Beginning at 4 p.m., permits are sold at a flat rate of $5.00 for night parking. A flat weekend rate of $5.00 is charged for parking on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon.
Please note: The Central Plaza Garage charges a non-refundable $10.00 event rate every evening from 4 p.m until 9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon.
Except when event rates are in effect, campus parking is complimentary from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. on weekdays, and from noon on Saturdays until 6 a.m. on Monday in unrestricted lots, non-gated facilities, and when gatehouses are closed.
Gatehouse parking is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking rules and regulations are enforced at all times on all days. During large events such as Husky football games, a special events fee may be charged in some or all areas of campus. Gatehouses may issue the following permits:
- Daily/Night Permit
- Impromptu Carpooling
- Motorcycle Permit
- Hourly Permit
- Parking Card Permit
- Child Drop-Off Permit
- Service & Commercial Delivery Permit
- Press/Media Permit
- Official Permit
- Out of Area Permit
- Alternate Vehicle Permit
Long-term parking can be purchased in person at Transportation Services. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Transportation Services offers a wide range of parking products and services designed specifically for faculty, staff, students, visitors and departments.
- NORTH - Northeast 45th Street and Memorial Way (17th Avenue Northeast) by the Burke Museum
- WEST - 15th Avenue Northeast and Stevens Way by Meany Hall
- EAST - Pend Oreille Road, off of 25th Avenue Northeast, near University Village Shopping Center
- SOUTH - Columbia Road, behind the University of Washington Medical Center
- CPG - 15th Avenue Northeast and Northeast 41st Street, underground in the Central Plaza Garage.
For a map of gatehouse and parking lot locations, please refer to the UW Seattle campus map.
2018 gatehouse closures
- January 1 Closed all day (New Year’s Day)
- January 15 Closed all day (MLK Day)
- February 19 Closed all day (All Presidents Day)
- March 19-23 Closed at 5 p.m. daily
- May 26 Closed all day (Memorial Day Weekend)
- May 28 Closed all day (Memorial Day)
- June 11 & 12 Closed at 5 p.m.
- July 4 Closed all day (Independence Day)
- September 1 Closed all day (Labor Day Weekend)
- September 3 Closed all day (Labor Day)
- September 13 & 14 Closed at 5 p.m. daily
- November 12 Closed all day (Veterans Day observed)
- November 21 Closed at 5 p.m.
- November 22-24 Closed all day (Thanksgiving)
- December 17-21 Closed at 5 p.m. daily
- December 22 Closed all day
- December 24 Closed at 5 p.m.
- December 25 Closed all day (Christmas Day)
- December 26-28 Open regular hours
- December 29 Closed all day
- December 31 Closed at 5 p.m.
- January 1, 2019 Closed all day (New Year’s Day)
Individuals with items too heavy, bulky or fragile to reasonably hand carry from a parking lot should make the circumstances known to the gate attendant when purchasing a permit. The gate attendant will direct you to the nearest area load/unload zone. Load and unload zones spaces are usually limited to 15 and 30 minutes, and require a valid UW permit. Once you have loaded or unloaded your item(s) you can then proceed to your assigned parking area. Please note that vehicles that are illegally parked on sidewalks, grounds, in roadways or without a valid permit are subject to citation.