Transportation Services staff are available to help you at gatehouses Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 7 a.m. until noon.
Bicycle Locker Space Terms & Conditions
The University of Washington (“Lessor”) hereby leases to the undersigned Lessee bicycle locker space at Lessor’s bicycle locker facilities for one bicycle as designated below, on the following terms and conditions:
- LOCKER RENTAL. Lessee shall use the locker space so leased only for the storage of one bicycle and its accessories. Lessee agrees to lease the assigned bicycle locker space for the following period at the applicable rate.
Annual Rate of $140.00 for July 1 through June 30.
- LOCKER SPACE LEASE RENEWAL. Lessor will notify Lessee of expiration before this Lease expires and provide instructions for renewal. Payment must be received at least five (5) working days prior to the expiration of this Lease. If Lessee does not renew this Lease, Lessee must remove all contents and notify the Commuter Services Office at least five (5) working days prior June 30. The contents of the locker space will be impounded as per procedures listed in this Lease upon expiration or termination of this Lease. Failure to return key upon termination of lease will result in forfeiture of the key deposit fee.
- OBLIGATION TO KEEP CONTACT INFORMATION UPDATED. Lessee shall keep their contact information updated with the University. Faculty and staff update their contact information via Employee Self-Service or their payroll coordinator. Students update their contact information via MyUW at http://myuw.washington.edu or the Address Change Telephone Service (206-543-8580). Lessee shall submit descriptions and/or registration numbers of any bicycle they store in the locker space. This information identifying the lessee’s bike(s) will be collected at the time the permit is issued, and it is the responsibility of the lessee to report to Transportation Services any subsequent changes or additions (i.e. the presence of a new bicycle in the space).
- REFUNDS. If Lessee wishes to terminate the Lease before the end of the annual lease term, the Lessee must notify Lessor and return the bicycle locker key. Lessor will refund Lessee on a prorated basis of the annual rental fee.
- WAIVER OF RESPONSIBILITY. It is mutually agreed that the Lessor is not and will not be held responsible for the safekeeping of Lessee’s bicycle and any property contained in the locker space assigned hereunder or for any injury or damage arising out of Lessee’s use of the locker space assigned. It is further agreed that Lessee will make such arrangements regarding insurance coverage for the bicycle as Lessee deems necessary to protect Lessee’s interests in the event of loss or damage. Lessee further agrees to defend and hold Lessor harmless from any injury or damages resulting from Lessee’s use of the locker.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Lessee agrees to comply with all laws, rules, regulations, and any special instructions that may be issued by Lessor or its agents concerning the locker space. Lessee will not maintain or store anything that may be dangerous to life, limb, or property, or use the locker space in such a way as to create a nuisance or disturbance. Lessee agrees that Lessor or its agent may open and inspect Lessee’s locker space at any time, with or without notice to the Lessee, for the purpose of observing Lessee’s compliance with this agreement, or to determine whether any health or safety hazard exists.
- CONDITIONS OF USE. Lessee shall not reassign or transfer this Lease or any interest therein. Lessee’s use of the locker space is conditional upon (1) the Lessee’s using the locker space an average of three or more days per week throughout the year and (2) the Lessee’s being a current student, faculty or staff member.
- LEASE EXPIRATION / TERMINATION. If Lessee does not renew the Lease as herein provided and the Lease expires, or if conditions of Lessee’s use of locker space (item 7) are not met, this Lease shall automatically terminate and Lessee shall forfeit use of the locker space. This Lease may also be terminated by Lessor for the breach of any of the items and conditions herein. In the event of expiration or termination of the Lease. Lessor will take possession of any contents remaining within the locker space. All bicycles will be impounded and disposed of by Lessor’s Police Department per Washington Administrative Code 478-116-080(5)(b). Any other property will be sent to the HUB to be treated and disposed of as Lost and Found property in accordance with Lessor’s rules and regulations regarding such property. Lessee shall forfeit key deposit fee. The remedies provided herein are in addition to, and are not in lieu of, any other rights which Lessor may have against Lessee. In the event Lessor is required to bring any action or proceeding for the enforcement of this Lease or the collection of any sums which may be due and payable by Lessee to Lessor, Lessee agrees to pay Lessor, in addition to any balance due, Lessor’s expenses and reasonable attomey’s fees.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. No modification or amendments of this agreement shall be valid unless in writing and signed by both parties.
- Lessee hereby acknowledges receipt of the key for the assigned locker, and understands that the key remains the property of the University of Washington. Lessee agrees not to release it to unauthorized persons or use it in a manner other than that for which it was issued. Lessee further agrees not to duplicate it.
- Lessee will take full responsibility for loss of the key during the time it is assigned. Lessee will forfeit key deposit of $85.00 if the key is lost and must put down a new deposit of $85.00 to obtain a replacement.
- Lessee understands that failure to return the key immediately upon termination of current status as an employee or student of the University of Washington or upon termination of the lease, whichever occurs first, will result in forfeiture of the key deposit.