The following is UW Shuttle’s policy regarding Service Animals and Pets on all UW Shuttle Services:
- Operators are required to permit any customer with a service animal to ride any of the UW shuttle services. This includes animals-in-training accompanied by a trainer or person with a disability.
- Service animals must remain on the floor without blocking the aisle or on their owners lap. They must not occupy a seat.
- If the service animals’ behavior threatens the safety of the driver or other passengers, the customer and their service animal may be asked to leave.
- Operators may refuse to transport a person and their dog if it is creating a hazard or a disturbance.
- Operators may refuse to transport a person and their dog if they already have another dog onboard.
- All dogs that are not service animals must be on leash, with all above criteria met.
Note: Animals other than dogs are not allowed on the coach unless they are in a container or carrier.