We know that many of you have concerns about leave time, child care and other issues. The University has activated additional childcare resources, with priority to those most essential to dealing with the pandemic, including custodial staff. More information is on the UWHR coronavirus website
. Are you able to provide childcare? Visit this UW site
An informative web page created just for UW
Facilities staff can be found here
. The UW
also maintains a list of broader resources
, constantly updated, for faculty, staff and students.
Some guidelines we can all live by:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol base).
2. Stay home if you are feeling unwell or sick, unless you need medical assistance.
3. Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of your tissue after using.
4. Stay informed. Information is changing frequently and it is important to stay on top of developing information.
5. Show compassion and support others. Stigma will not fight viruses or illness.
Finally, we know many of you want to volunteer, and we encourage you to do so as safely as possible. Do you have an elderly neighbor who might need help with groceries? Or perhaps the grounds around your apartment building or neighborhood p-patch could use a little sprucing up? When was the last time you sent a hand-written letter to a friend or relative? Whatever you choose, remember to take care of yourself and stay safe while helping others.