New stop at 1616 Eastlake for SLU shuttle effective Monday, July 27
UW Shuttles is pleased to announce a new stop near the 1616 Eastlake Ave E building along the UW/Fred Hutch South Lake Union route effective Monday, July 27.
- South bound passengers please exit/enter at the Eastlake stop on the west side of Eastlake Ave E in the 3 minute passenger loading zone just north of E Blaine St.
- North bound passengers please exit/enter at the Garfield stop on the south side of E Garfield St in the 3 minute passenger loading zone just west of Eastlake Ave E.
Service restarting with a reduced schedule Monday, June 1
The UW/Fred Hutch South Lake Union shuttle is resuming service effective Monday, June 1. There will be two shuttle buses on the route running every 30 minutes from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays.
Required safety protocols
For the safety of passengers and shuttle drivers, the following protocols are in place:
- 8 passenger limit per shuttle
- Face coverings required for all passengers (see directive information from King County)
- Face masks required for drivers
- All shuttles will be disinfected according to UW EH&S guidelines
- UWMC to SLU via Fred Hutch: Departing every 30 minutes starting at 6:30 a.m. with the last departure of the day at 7 p.m.
- SLU to UWMC via Fred Hutch: Departing every 30 minutes starting at 6:30 a.m. with the last departure of the day at 7 p.m.
- SLU to Harborview: Suspended until normal operations resume.
With limited capacity on each shuttle bus, UW Shuttles encourages riders to plan ahead and consider alternative travel plans in the event a scheduled departure is at capacity. UW Shuttles will be monitoring ridership levels to help determine when more frequent service might resume.