Shuttle service resumes on September 30
NightRide shuttle service will operate on weekdays from Wednesday, September 30 through Friday, December 11, excluding University holidays. Shuttles will pick up passengers from 8 p.m. until 11:48 p.m. for the East Zone and from 8 p.m. until 11:45 p.m. for the West Zone.
Required safety protocols
For the safety of passengers and shuttle drivers, the following protocols are in place:
- 6 passenger limit per shuttle
- Face coverings required for all passengers (see directive information from King County)
- Face masks required for drivers
- All shuttles will be disinfected according to UW EH&S guidelines
Service suspended for summer quarter
NightRide shuttle service has suspended operations for summer quarter. This cautionary measure is in response to the coronavirus pandemic and the move to virtual instruction on the UW campus. Other UW shuttle services continue to operate, and we encourage you to follow the public health measures designed to reduce the spread of illness and viruses.
If you have concerns about nighttime safety, the following services are available:
- Husky NightWalk: The UW Police Department provides uniformed security guards as walking escort from 6:30 p.m. to 2 a.m., seven days a week.
- UW Medical Center-Montlake: Escorts for hospital employees and volunteers from the UWMC-Montlake main lobby entrance to university campus parking lots.
- SafeZone is an app that connects your mobile phone to the UW Police Department. It has call buttons for emergency, first aid and non-emergency help.
Transportation Services appreciates your understanding during this time. For more information about the University’s response to the novel coronavirus, visit UW’s coronavirus FAQ.