Harborview Medical Center R&T building stop restored effective Monday, July 20
The Health Sciences Express shuttle stop at Harborview Medical Center has been restored to its permanent location on the east side of 9th Ave in front of the Harborview Research & Training Building effective Monday, July 20.
The shuttle stop was temporarily relocated in September 2019 as Seattle Public Utilities replaced outdated infrastructure below Alder Street.
Service restarting with a reduced schedule Monday, May 18
The Health Sciences Express (HSE) shuttle is resuming service effective Monday, May 18. There will be two shuttle buses on the route running every 30 minutes from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays.
Required safety protocols
For the safety of passengers and shuttle drivers, the following protocols are in place:
- 8 passenger limit per shuttle
- Face coverings required for all passengers (see directive information from King County)
- Face masks required for drivers
- All shuttles will be disinfected according to UW EH&S guidelines
- UWMC to Harborview: Departing every 30 minutes starting at 6:30 a.m. with the last departure of the day at 6 p.m.
- Harborview to UWMC: Departing every 30 minutes starting at 7 a.m. with the last departure of the day at 7 p.m.
Full schedule PDF
With limited capacity on each shuttle bus, UW Shuttles encourages riders to plan ahead and consider alternative travel plans in the event a scheduled departure is at capacity. UW Shuttles will be monitoring ridership levels to help determine when more frequent service might resume.